(Bloomberg) -- General Index, an oil-pricing service formed by senior industry figures, has gained a foothold in Europe's gasoline market.
- Oil giant BP has given approval for brokers to share information on gasoline barge deals with General Index, according to a message seen by Bloomberg:
- This information had already been authorized by BP to be shared with other price reporting agencies
- BP spokesman could not immediately comment when contacted by Bloomberg
- NOTE: General Index's CEO Neil Bradford had a previous career at Argus, one of the main oil pricing agencies
- CEO Bradford was previously CEO of Argus